When students have completed the course they will have the skills, knowledge and technique to play the guitar with confidence.
Chestnut Avenue, SO50 5FS
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
These courses will allow you to:
- use music sheets to play a variety of different genres
- develop ensemble skills with other musicians
- develop general musicianship, a good basic understanding of the guitar and how music theory can relate to it
- gain the confidence to play music to friends and family members as a solo player and with others
- develop the skills, knowledge and technique required to progress to more advanced music
You will learn:
- how to tune the guitar
- the correct use of the hands and fingers in order to play safely and more effectively
- how to read chord boxes, guitar tablature and rhythm slashes
- a range of basic open and barre chords
- how to play the guitar using a variety of strum and picking patterns and chord progressions.Students will be taught: through verbal communication, whiteboard, practical demonstrations, music listening, music sheets and text resources issued by the tutor; by playing music on the guitar individually and in duos and through feedback from members of the group.
By designating approximately 20 minutes per day as your own practice time you will learn much more quickly than those who try to cram in a lot of practice just before a lesson.