Hydrocarbon Safe Handling (City & Guilds 6187-21)
No direct progression but potential to study at level 3 within the RAC Industry. Welcome to Eastlight choose from our onsite training solutions and scheduled training courses across a wide range of technical and non-technical topics.
Chestnut Avenue, SO50 5FS
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Delegates will learn the following:
- GWP & ODP What are they?
- Introduction to Hydrocarbons
- Physical properties of Hydrocarbons
- Saturated pressure and temperature details
- Condensing pressures with HC Refrigerants
- Temperature glide and superheat settings
- Lubricants, materials, desiccants and oils
- Flammability and charge size calculations
- Appliance considerations
- Safe working environment and safe practise
- Leak testing, brazing & charging
- Venting and recovery
- Handling, storage and transportingMixture of theory in classroom and practical assessment in the workshop.
1 days training in total that will include a multiple choice written assessment & practical assessment (observation and oral questioning).
Practical work consists of brazing a test joint, pressure testing, refrigerant charging and refrigerant recovery.
City & Guilds 6187-21 Hydrocarbon Safe Handling - a recognised City & Guilds qualification enabling you to work legally on refrigeration systems using Hydrocarbon refrigerants.