In Singapore ((Indicate))
Suitable for: Accountants, Auditors, Financial Reporting Staff of Large Organisations and Listed entities, Financial Controllers, Tax Professionals, Treasury Accountants, Senior Manager, Corporate Financiers and Investment Bankers, Business and Financial Analysts
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
What you'll learn on the course
- Accounting Standards
Teachers and trainers (1)
IFRS Update Course Overview
This course explains in some detail the accounting proposed in all current IFRS projects in progress. It reviews several of the more advanced topics in more detail than the IFRS Workshop course. The more niche areas of insurance contracts, agriculture and mining will be covered as well as the more important IFRICs and SICs (Interpretation Committee pronouncements).
The progress of worldwide adoption of IFRS will also be reviewed.
There will also be plenty of opportunity to discuss issues that you may have been having in your application of the IFRS standards to your transactions and to explore what the most appropriate treatment might be.
In two days, you will:
- Clearly understand the reasons for the move across most of the world to IFRS and the countries that have adopted IFRS in the recent past and those that will adopt in the future
- Gain a more complete working knowledge of the more challenging IFRS standards
- Review Interpretation Committee pronouncements relevant to your business
- Gain a sound understanding of the issues surrounding how these standards are applied in practice
- See worked examples of how the more difficult standards are applied in practice
- Review treatments by companies in their financial statements
- Understand what the current proposals are for new standards and what this might mean to your business