Learning Through Technology
Different dates available
The main aims of this degree are to: Enable you to take charge of your own professional development and to deliver strategies to achieve this. Develop skills of action inquiry, giving you the capability to commit to lifelong learning. Maintain a flexible approach to change. Provide an awareness of your capacity. Influence change. When you graduate you will be able to: Analyse and evaluate your own learning experiences and requirements. Research appropriate sources to gain knowledge and skills in your chosen field. Develop, plan and implement projects. Communicate effectively.
Suitable for: People already working in a professional or voluntary environment, looking to progress within their current field.
To take into account
1. Employed in full time/part time, paid/unpaid work. Typically a minimum of 40 h/month in the workplace. 2. Appropriate Level 3 Qualification and/or prior and current experience in the relevant work sector. 3. Level 2 English qualification. 4. ICT competence sufficient to make effective use of word-processing, Internet and E-mail facilities. 5. Access to ICT facilities including Internet access (preferably broadband) at home and/or in the work place. If access is in workplace only, evidence of employer's support to study during working hours will be required.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Achievements for this centre
All courses are up to date
The average rating is higher than 3.7
More than 50 reviews in the last 12 months
This centre has featured on Emagister for 10 years
What you'll learn on the course
- Communication Skills
- Skills and Training
- Online Communication
- Learning through technology
This online, work-based Learning Through Technology degree offers an exciting opportunity for you to develop your professional abilities and intellectual capacity, and to enhance and enrich your daily work experience.
All study is related to the individuals' work role. Importantly, the content of this course can be personalised to suit your work content, enabling you, and your organisation, to gain maximum benefit from the experience.
All teaching is delivered online, and you will enjoy the support of learning facilitators and your peers in an online learning community. Course content will help you become an articulate, critically reflective problem solver within your own work context.
This course is about developing the skills you need to succeed in your work environment. It is also about enhancing the experience you take from the workplace, and giving you the ability to continue to develop after you graduate.
- Investigating the Work Setting
- Introduction to Online Communication and Technology
- Reflection in the Work Setting 1
- Understanding Action Inquiry
- Reflection in the Work Setting 2
- Action Inquiry
- Learning in the Work Setting
- Review and Planning
- Exhibition Preparation
- Implementing Action Inquiry and Exhibition
- Exhibition Validation and Defence
Optional modules (only available as campus-based tuition in Cambridge and Chelmsford)
- Independent Learning Module
- Anglia Language Programme
Assessment is via the evaluation of students' electronic portfolios. At the end of each module, students will be required to produce an electronic portfolio that demonstrates the achievement of their learning targets and the delivery of some benefit to their workplace. The portfolio may take the form of a formal report, a video or audio report or use any appropriate medium.
Typically 15-20 hours per week.