Skills Gained : Lock Access Techniques. Vehicle Access Techniques. Domestic Boarding & Glazing. Lock Replacement. Home Security.
Suitable for: Anyone wishing to re-train as a Locksmith
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Locksmith Training with Boarding and Glazing Course
Using our 20 years of locksmith industry experience we have designed a locksmith training course which concentrates on the practical skills needed to become a successful locksmith and secure work from day one, understanding the many different types of locks, the different gaining access techniques, and also practical tips and advice from practicing locksmiths.
The locksmith course is designed to equip trainees with all types of problem solving skills, to ensure they leave the course feeling confident they can tackle all kinds of work. Therefore we have included boarding and glazing, as well as vehicle access in the course.
On completion of the locksmith training , trainees will be capable of picking, decoding and drilling the vast majority of new and old British Standard Locks being supplied and fitted across the UK everyday.
- Familiarisation of all glass and window frame styles, types and requirements
- Removal and disposal of glass
- Health and safety
- Document L regulations (energy efficiency)
- Boarding techniques - security screw, bolt and brace
- and infill
- Dealing with consequential damage
- Commercial awareness
- Removal of glass from all types of window frames
- Replacing glass in all types of window frames
- Toeing and healing
- Familiarisation of terms
- Supplier information