Course not currently available
Make Up Artist
As a make-up artist, your job would be to create the look that your client requires. This is the ultimate Make-Up Artistry course which is suitable for either a complete beginner or those with experience.
To take into account
On this course you will: Learn how to provide facial treatments, apply make-up and carry out eyebrow and eyelash treatments. Discover how to provide make-up treatments for beauty salons, weddings, fashion photography, theatre and more. Gain an understanding of important aspects of professional conduct in the industry.
Being a Make-up Artist is a fantastic career for people who are passionate about the fashion and beauty industry, make-up artists are in high demand. The beauty industry is a fun and glamorous industry but also a competetive one, and this course will help give you the knowledge you need to make the right choices.
You don't need any prior skills in the subject area to start this course.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details all of the units you have completed as part of your course).
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Achievements for this centre
All courses are up to date
The average rating is higher than 3.7
More than 50 reviews in the last 12 months
This centre has featured on Emagister for 5 years
- Make up artist
- Beauty Therapist
- Customer Service
- Skin Structure
- Skin Care Treatments
- Cosmetic Treatments
Unit 1: Skin Structure, Anatomy and Physiology
- Understand the anatomy of the skin
- Appreciate the different jobs which the skin carries out and how this helps to regulate the body
- Be able to identify certain skin diseases and inflictions that are most common
- Describe skin pigmentation abnormalities
- Understand the function of the heart and blood in the body
- Understand client consultations and why these are required
- Analyse the skin and spot various factors which must be considered prior to the application of make-up
- Understand the correct routine required when preparing the face for make-up and cleansing the skin
- Describe different products and techniques used when camouflaging areas of the skin
- Understand various types of make-up and the correct application of these
- Understand particular requirements of make-up that is used on the eyes and mouth
- Appreciate the use of body make-up and when this is required
- Briefly describe the use of make-up when working with brides and what they may require
- Shape eyebrows into the desire effect for a client
- Tint eyebrows
- Tint eye lashes
- Apply false eyelashes in both strip and individual forms
- Understand health and safety requirements and legislation that is in place
- Follow appropriate steps to minimise risk
- Maintain equipment safely and take necessary steps to ensure the safety of your clients
- Understand the sterilisation procedures needed when working as a makeup artist
- Identify ways for make-up artists to find work
- Understand the many different areas where make-up is used and the need for this profession in different industries
- Evaluate methods of marketing yourself and your brand ready to attract new clients
- Sum up the necessary skills and business acumen that is required to work for yourself as a self-employed make-up artist
What can I do next?
From body painting for festivals to specialist make-up for burns-victims, make-up artistry is a valuable and artistic skill. You could use your skills to become a Make-up Artist for Film, TV, Theatre or Fashion. If you would like to progress to higher education, you may want to consider a Foundation Degree in Make-up Artistry and Special Make-up Effects or a BA (Hons) in Specialist Makeup.Assessment
Each unit is followed by a written tutor marked assignment (TMA), which is submitted and then marked by your tutor. You will not be required to take an external exam.
Make Up Artist