Management and Leadership BA (Hons) - Online
Different dates available
"As a student of this online bachelor’s degree programme, you will learn a broad spectrum of academic theory and vocational skills – from how to lead people and change, to key concepts in marketing and finance. More specifically:
The development and operation of markets for resources, goods and services, customer expectations, service and orientation;
The development of appropriate policies and strategies within a changing environment, to meet stakeholder interests;
The sources, uses and management of finance, the use of accounting and other information systems for managerial applications;
The management and development of people within organisations;
The design of the product/service; the control of the product/service; and improving how the product/service is delivered;
The development, management and exploitation of information systems and their impact upon organisations.
Modules within this course include units based on the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Certificate in Management and Leadership and the CMI Diploma in Management and Leadership.
Upon successful completion of these elements, you’ll have the opportunity to take the examinations to complete these additional qualifications. This is not, however, a condition of academic credit: assessments for the professional qualifications are independent from those undertaken for the academic award"
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
This centre's achievements
All courses are up to date
The average rating is higher than 3.7
More than 50 reviews in the last 12 months
This centre has featured on Emagister for 4 years
- Decision Making
- Project Manager
- Conflict Resolution
- Problem Solving
- Information Systems
- Accounting MBA
- Organizational Skills
- Management Development
- Communication Training
- Information Management System
- IT Development
- IT Management
- Skills and Training
- Financial auditing
- Project leadership
• Leadership concepts;
• The organisational environment;
• Information management and decision making;
• Communication skills;
• Operations and project management;
• Leading and managing people;
• Change and project leadership;
• Finance in management and leadership;
• Organisational development and Strategic leadership;
• Business projects.
On successful completion of the course you should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
• Markets – you will look at the development and operation of markets for resources, goods and services, customer expectations, service and orientation. You will also cover the wider environment within which businesses operate. In the final modules, you will critically engage with the theories and concepts of marketing including the contribution of marketing at a strategic level to the organisation’s aims and objectives.
• Business policy and strategy – you will study the development of appropriate policies and strategies
within a changing environment, to meet stakeholder interests. The programme also covers how management and organisations are viewed in an environmental context rather than as isolated activities in a self supporting system.
• Finance – you will study the sources, uses and management of finance, the use of accounting and other information systems for managerial applications. There will be a focus on the use of financial information as a leadership and management tool for monitoring and managing individual and organisational performance.
• People – you will study the management and development of people within organisations, seeking to define the concepts of formal and informal leadership, power and authority, and leadership effectiveness as well as listing key team and organisational leadership skills.
• Operations – you will look at the management of resources and operations covering three main topics: the design of the product/service; the control of the product/service; and improving how the product/service is delivered. The final module of the programme is an opportunity for you to undertake a project, through which you will implement the theories of resource and operational management you have covered in previous modules.
• Information management – you will look at the development, management and exploitation of information systems and their impact upon organisations. You will also look at communication and information technology, including the comprehension and use of relevant communication and information technologies for application in business and management.
Fees & Funding
For the academic year 2016/17 each six week module block will cost £1,461.50 for a UK/EU student.
For the academic year 2016/17 each six week module block will cost £2,121.75 for an international student.
Where a student is self-funded or sponsor-funded, fees must be paid online prior to the commencement of each block of study."
Management and Leadership BA (Hons) - Online