Learn how to identify and implement usability enhancements to your website Receive practical, wide-ranging sets of usability guidelines and advice Discover how to make forms, search, navigation and error messages offer outstanding usability Find out how to practice user-centered design (UCD) methods, techniques and processes (including usability testing5 and card sorting6) Evaluate your site's usability Learn how to sell usability within your organisation Be shown how to continue your learning after the web usability training is finished.
Suitable for: Anyone
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Our hands-on web usability training has received great feedback from participants.
- The web usability training course lasts for one full day
- By the end of the training you'll have created a usability action plan for your website
- Courses usually have a maximum of 10 participants due to their interactive nature
We usually run our web usability training the day before our usability testing training and 2 days before our information architecture (IA) training course, so you may wish to come on 2 or 3 courses. Book the same person on to 2 courses at the same time and get a 10% discount or book 3 courses and get a 20% discount! Our next course dates are:
- Tuesday 23rd June 2009 (sold out)
- Tuesday 7th July 2009 (6 places available)
During the interactive one-day foundation course you will:
- Learn how to identify and implement usability enhancements to your website
- Receive practical, wide-ranging sets of usability guidelines and advice
- Discover how to make forms, search, navigation and error messages offer outstanding usability
- Find out how to practice user-centered design (UCD) methods, techniques and processes (including usability testing5 and card sorting6)
- Evaluate your site's usability
- Learn how to sell usability within your organisation
- Be shown how to continue your learning after the web usability training is finished
You'll also receive a free 80-page colour handbook that contains all tutorials.
Web usability training
The web usability training is usually run by Ismail Ismail. Ismail is a highly accomplished practitioner and trainer with more than a decade of experience in executing information architecture and user-centered design projects. He originally trained as a computer scientist then obtained his Masters degree in Ergonomics from the University of London 14 years ago.
Our web usability training follows one basic principle:
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime
Put simply, we don't want to make your website usable - we want you to make your website usable. The web usability training lasts for one full day, during which time you'll complete a series of exercises designed for you to discover the answers by yourself and then put into practice what you've learnt.
By the end of the day, you'll know what makes a usable website and as a result of our hands-on web usability training, you'll have:
- The foundations of a usability action plan for your website
- Ownership of what you've learnt
- The ability to apply what you've learnt again and again in the future
The cost per participant is £395 + VAT, including refreshments, a delicious lunch and all-you-can-eat ice cream. Vegetarian lunch is also available.
Participants also receive a free handbook containing all the course tutorials.
Demand for our courses is high so do be sure to book early to avoid disappointment. All courses take place from 10.00am to 5.00pm at our training centre in Aldgate, London.
We also offer private in-house web usability training, which can be especially useful if there are 3 or more of you looking to attend.