CILEX Level 2 Course | Legal Secretarial TrainingSouters Training
- Intensive workshop
- Delivery of study materials
- Support service
- Personal tutor
- Examinations- physical attendance required
Frequent Asked Questions
· What are the objectives of this course?
The course aims to provide the student with a sound basic understanding of work in a legal office and practical experience of performing the type of routine functions which are required of a legal secretary.
· Who is it intended for?
The course is ideal for people with no previous office / secretarial experience or school leavers.
Good standard level of education, fluency in English.
Level 2 Certificate for Legal Secretaries (Certification by CILEX, City and Guilds).
· What marks this course apart?
Souters offers this course in full time and part-time time slots that are convenient to students. A lot of the work can be done at home, if preferred,or at Souters. The whole process has flexible times of attendance but you should allow up to six months to complete level 2. Our CILEX course offers you the opportunity to have internationally recognised legal training whilst gaining valuable on-the-job experience.
· What happens after requesting information?
Souters will email course content, schedule, map, registration form and a little information on the history of Souters. This will be done the same day as the request.
· Would I be able to find work in this field after the course?
We do assist in getting your CV job-ready and interview tips. We also advertise job vacancies on our website and on our in-house notice board. This is done weekly. We do also send CVs to any company that approaches us for new graduates.
· Does Souters offer a payment plan?
Yes. Souters offers instalment payment. This is done, together with the student, and an instalment plan is drawn up that best suits the student.
What you'll learn on the course
Legal Document Production
Teachers and trainers (1)
There are two units in this course:
1. Legal Word Processing
2. Working in the Legal Environment
- Introduction to the Law
- Explanation of the Criminal and Civil Court Structure
- Barristers and Solicitors
- Chambers v Firms
- Foundation Level Principles of Document Production
- Practical Session for exercises and assignments
- MS Word 2010 / 2013 Training Beginner and Proficient Level
- Touch Typing Training
- Foundation Level Audio Transcription Training
3. Typing and audio training are available as needed