NCFE Award in Education and TrainingPCT2U - Virtually a College
- Vocational qualification Level 3
- Distance Learning
- 48 hours of study
- Online campus
- Support service
- Personal tutor
Frequent Asked Questions
· What are the objectives of this course?
To achieve your entry level qualification in teaching and education. To prove competency in the chosen sector and to benchmark your skills in the sector.
· Who is it intended for?
Anyone 19 years plus who wants to start a career in the training and education field. For professionals who want to upgrade their previous teaching and learning qualifications that have become time barred due to their age. For those working in schools and colleges that need to be qualified in teaching and learning procedures following UK legislation. .
• When can I start my course? The course is run on a rolling induction basis and due to the fact that we run the courses online and through a Moodle you can sign up anytime to our courses with no delay. The course access is available 24/7 365 days a year. • Who is my tutor? Each course is supported by a tutor who will contact you in the first instance to discuss your requirments. You tutor can be accessed from that point on via the Moodle communication system 24/7, Moodle chat room, Skype, or telephone depending on your preference for communication?
LEVEL 3 NCFE AWARD IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING this allows you to be sector competent in your chosen field of study eg: Education and Training this is a nationally recognised qualification in the UK that allows you to be employed in the education sector as qualified.
· What marks this course apart?
We offer flexible routes to learning, no semester schedules and no attendance at lectures required. You can start your course and move through it how you want and at your pace and under your direction. This makes us better than colleges and universities as they only offer traditional prescribed routes to study. Our courses are also fully supported unlike most other organisations offering distance learning, we actually offer detailed feedback and help you understand what is required. . . Our turn around on assignment feedback is quicker we have a 7 day policy if not quicker in this respect. Your tutor can be contacted 24/7 via our Moodle LMS and again you will get an immediate response. Attendance is not required and costs can be kept down for you. Your time can be better spent reading and researching not getting caught up in the classroom so no more school type scenarios that's for kids right. Cost comparisons are massive due to the fact that our model of education using technology and the Internet allows us to reduce costs and pass these benefits onto our students. However we do offer extra mentoring for all our courses that can be booked out as an additional requirement if required so you never get left behind. We are subsequently more cost effective than colleges and universities even if you take out our mentoring options. If you have outside commitments, children to care for and other interests in the evening or unsociable work hours you can still engage with us as we are always here 24/7 - 365 days a year. Our Moodle Learning Management System never sleeps. We will always communicate with you as we are dedicated to that task unlike colleges or universities whose staffs have a million and one things to do in the working week and you can never get to talk to anyone when you need them? Call us now to discuss how we can help you save time and money on your required studies.
· What happens after requesting information?
Via application and telephone discussion. This will trigger a registration onto the course in question.
· How are the units assessed?
Students have to answer each criterion and submit a response. Further to that you will get a feedback report from your tutor on a pass or refer basis. We do need to see some reading and research undertaken at this level. With bibliography.
· How is the micro teach conducted?
The micro teaching session requires at least a 15 minute video of your practice teaching session. This can be with friends or family on an informal basis. And on a subject, skill, hobby you enjoy? The video can be sent to us on a USB stick, or sent via any web courier such as drop box, one drive etc. No travel or attendance is required.
· When can I start my course?
The course is run on a rolling induction basis and due to the fact that we run the course online and through a Moodle you can sign up anytime to our courses with no delay. The course can be accessed from Moodle 24/7 - 365 days a year.
· TAQA Unit 1
If you hold the TAQA Unit 1 Certificate or TAQA AWARD & CERTIFICATE we can negate via RPL one knowledge based theory unit applicable to assessment. Please contact us with your details. We will need to see a copy of your certificates for further validation.
What could be improved Nothing needs to change the course is well thought out course work is easy to access on the moodle I could upload my work easily
Would you recommend this course? Yes.
What could be improved Cannot comment on this at the moment.
Would you recommend this course? Yes.
What you'll learn on the course
Learning and Development
Teachers and trainers (1)
Personal Profile: Paul graduated from the University of Lincoln in 2000 receiving a BA (Hon’s) in Interactive Design. PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) BA Hons (Interactive Design - Multimedia), C.G.L.I 7307 (Post 16 Training Certificate) Part 1&2, Cambridge 118 FPP (FERL Practitioner Programme - Strand 4 VLE Management) MIFL 020-33974548
- Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Understand ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Understand the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
- Understand principles and practices of one to one learning and development
- Be able to facilitate one to one learning and development
- Be able to use technologies in delivering inclusive teaching and learning
To be awarded this qualification, a learner must achieve a minimum of 12 credits. Three credits from Group A, six credits from Group B and three credits from Group C.