5 Day Kitchen Fitting Course
Different dates available
You will fit a kitchen using the router and jigs to perform a neat worktop joint.
Suitable for: Years 16+
To take into account
Low numbers of less than 4 per course.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
What you'll learn on the course
- Kitchen Fitting
- Kitchen Skills
- Construction Training
- Skills and Training
Teachers and trainers (1)
Carpentry, Joniery and Kitchen Fitting Trainer
This Kitchen Fitting course is a 5 day 'hands on' course.
The Kitchen Fitting course will give you enough knowledge to enable you to plan, design and fit a full kitchen to a professional standard.
The Kitchen fitting course brief outline:
- Reading Kitchen Plans
- Working with plans and designing kitchen to specification
- Working to customer requirements
- Location of cables and pipes
- Assembling kitchen carcasses
- Scribing cut outs
- Cutting out for any pipe or cable obsructions
- Worktop preparation
- Worktop setting out, jig scribing and cutting with router
- Circular saw cutting, butterfly joints and wotktop fitting
- Cutting out and fitting of kitchen sink
- Fitting of kitchen sink taps
- Plumbing of kitchen sink (optional and dependant on time)
- Cutting out and fitting of kitchen hob (if required in plans)
- Fitting of extractor (if required in plans)
- Working with pelmets, plinths and cornice and mitre cuts
- Fitting of kithcen doors
The kitchen fitting course is a 5 day intensive course.
Extra content covered on every YTA course
- Tricks of the trade throughout the course
- Full Measuring and In-Depth Quoting based on your full size kitchens and bathrooms.
- Marketing Techniques
- Business cards, logo design and how to advertise
- Insurance, TAX, CIS scheme and CSCS cards
- Business Start Up
- Course progression and NVQ's
Please feel free to arrange a visit prior to booking. Take the tour and have a chat to students actually on the course.
The course runs every week.