Level 3 Beauty Therapy Foundation Course
Venue : Academy of Advanced Beauty - Sutton campus - CB6 2NY
Price : £1600.00
Course description: This specialised Foundation Course has been designed to enable access to the latest,advanced and popular courses, listed on our website, for those students who, for whatever reason do not possess the pre-requiste qualifications usually required for these courses and who wish to gain the Level 3 in a short period of time, able to work at their own pace due to the online learnng element of the course.
This course is based on a flexible learning option as well as thorough practical training to reinforce the necessary skills. The course consists of 4 modules. Each module requires the student to pass relevant exams before progressing to the next module. The practical part of each module can be arranged after all required modules are completed successfully. We will allow as much time as necessary to harness practical skills and will guide our students for the duration of the course. We do however recommend that the course should be completed within three months. Students enrolling on this course must be committed and highly motivated. The final exam will determine the students’ understanding of core knowledge and treatment techniques. After successful completion, students will be awarded an Academy of Advanced Beauty Diploma.
Module 1 - Anatomy and Physiology (A&P)
1. How the Body Works
2. Glossary of Anatomical Terminology
3. Cells, Tissues and Membranes
4. Anatomy and Physiology of the Skin
5. The Cardiovascular System
6. The Digestive System
7. The Endocrinal System
8. The Human Reproductive System
9. The Lymphatic and Immune System
10. The Muscular System
11. The Nervous System
12. The Respiratory System
13. The Skeletal System
14. The Urinary System
15. Glossary of Useful Medical Terms
Module 2 -
1. Client Consultation including examples of Consultation Procedure, typical Questions to ask, content of the Client’s Consultation Card and how to create a treatment plan.
2. Skin Ageing including all types of ageing and effects on skin.
3. Guide to Facial Skin Analysis including all skin types, Fitzpatrick scale, skin thickness chart and Glogou classification of photo ageing
4. Guide to body analysis incl body types, posture, posture faults, measuring, weighing, BMI and fat calipers.
Module 3 – Health and Safety
1. Health and Safety including Local Authority Registration, Licensing etc
2. Electrical Equipment
3. First Aid, RIDDOR, PPE.
4. Risk Assessment
5. Fire Precautions and Regulations
6. Safety at the Workplace
7. Hygiene, Posture
8. Sterilisation and Disinfection
10. How to prevent Cross Infection
11. Step by Step - How to wash Hands
13. Client Care, Age regulation and Data Protection Act
14. Benefits of Good Consultation
15. How to recognise Contra Actions
16. Necessity of Aftercare for the Client.
Module 4 - Face and Body Electricals incl Electrical Science and Safety
1. G5 – Gyratory Massage
2. Vacuum Suction
3. High Frequency - Direct and Indirect
4. Galvanic - Desincrestation and Iontophoresis
NB: We expect students to have read the course materials fully prior to attending the onsite course at the Academy of Advanced Beauty
In order to graduate from all of our courses, delegates will need to pass a final written examination, as well as practical observation performing the treatment in full, including client consultation and aftercare, as well as complete assignments and case studies to assess their knowledge and understanding
The Level 3 Beauty Therapy Foundation Course carries 45 credits and will qualify you for insurance cover. Some of these credits can be transferred to other courses if the subject matter overlaps. For example, if you have studied the necessary Health and Safety legislation in the Beauty and Aesthetics sector, you will not need to cover this in the same amount of detail for any additional course which covers this same material. For Level 3 Accredited Courses, certificates will be issued externally
Our Level 3 is suitable for Beauty Therapists with Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualifications or equivalent as well as highly motivated individuals without formal qualifications in beauty looking to start a career in the Beauty and Aesthetics sector. The course includes a substantial theory component and a four-day practical training session where you will be asked to demonstrate your competence in the treatment through a series of assessments and exams