"WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Leadership concepts;
- The organisational environment;
- Information management and decision making;
- Communication skills;
- Operational management;
- Leading and managing people;
- Change and project leadership;
- Finance in management and leadership;
- Organisational development;
- Strategic leadership;
- Business project.
On successful completion of the course you should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
Markets – you will look at the development and operation of markets for resources, goods and services, customer expectations, service and orientation. You will also cover the wider environment within which businesses operate. In the final modules you will critically engage with the theories and concepts of marketing including the contribution of marketing at a strategic level to the organisation’s aims and objectives;
• Business policy and strategy – you will study the development of appropriate policies and strategies within a changing environment, to meet stakeholder interests. The programme also covers how management and organisations are viewed in an environmental context rather than as isolated activities in a self-supporting system;
• Finance – you will study the sources, uses and management of finance, the use of accounting and other information systems for managerial applications. There will be a focus on the use of financial information as a leadership and management tool for monitoring and managing individual and organisational performance;
• People – you will study the management and development of people within organisations, seeking to define the concepts of formal and informal leadership, power and authority, and leadership effectiveness as well as listing key team and organisational leadership skills;
• Operations – you will look at the management of resources and operations covering three main topics: the design of the product/service; the control of the product/service; and improving how the product/service is delivered. The final module of the programme is an opportunity for you to undertake a project, through which you will implement the theories of resource and operational management they have covered in previous modules;
• Information management – you will look at the development, management and exploitation of information systems and their impact upon organisations. You will also look at communication and information technology, including the comprehension and use of relevant communication and information technologies for application in business and management.
Fees & Funding:
For the academic year 2014/15 (April and June 2015 intakes), each six-week module block will cost £1,375 for a UK/EU student
For the academic year 2015/16 (September 2015, November 2015, January 2016, February 2016 intakes), each six-week module block will cost £1,416.25 for a UK/EU student.
For the academic year 2014/15 (April and June 2015 intakes), each six-week module block will cost £2,000 for an international student.For the academic year 2015/16 (September 2015, November 2015, January 2016, February 2016 intakes), each six-week module block will cost £2,060 for an international student.