Learn the role and responsibilities of the teacher/trainer, teaching and learning approaches, session planning skills
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
PREPARING TO TEACH IN THE LIFELONG LEARNING SECTOR (PTLLS) COURSE
Whether you are thinking about a career in further education, or you have been a trainer of adults for some time, you will need the PTLLS qualification in order to practise. As the first stage of the UK’s new Initial Teacher Training qualifications (ITT) this Level 3 award is required by Lifelong Learning UK (LLUK) and the Security Industry Authority (SIA) and will confer professional accreditation that will increase your earning potential, while equipping you with valuable additional training skills.
The Lynceus course is designed to get you started as quickly as possible by condensing learning over a short time frame. It is delivered over 5 days, with 5 assignments to be fulfilled at your own pace.
PTLLS graduates may choose to go on to the next ITT qualification with the Lynceus Certificate to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS), which will open up wider career possibilities.
- The role and responsibilities of the teacher/trainer
- Teaching and learning approaches
- Session planning skills
- Motivating and including all learners
- Assessment and record-keeping
Delivery and assessment
The course is delivered by experienced Lynceus trainers who have Armed Forces and law enforcement backgrounds. Lynceus trainers hold teaching qualifications or a Cert Ed/PGCE. The required 30 hours of contact time are provided in a 5-day residential course, and you complete the 30 hours of self-guided study and assignments.
Previous experience will count towards your evaluation.
Assessment is based on an electronic portfolio of evidence (eNVQ) to include:
- 5 theory-based assignments
- A 15-minute micro-teach session
- 60 hours of blended learning (30 guided learning hours and 30 hours of self-directed study)
The Lynceus PTLLS course is accredited by EDI (Education Development International) and graduates are registered with the Institute for Learning.
Lynceus offers Certificate to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS), the next stage of the Initial Teacher Training qualifications.
Work around the world
Trainers with PTLLS and CTLLS qualifications can apply to join Lynceus to help deliver high-quality courses recognised by the UK’s education authorities to government and commercial bodies around the world. Such courses include:
- BTEC Level 4 Awards and Diploma in Covert Surveillance for law enforcement and governmentagency personnel, including Covert Observation,Surveillance Imagery and Close Target Reconnaissance
- Location security courses such as Gate Security andSecurity Supervisor