A2 Music (HSMC)
Government funding available
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Edexcel (1-2 years)
This course is designed for gifted young people who are thinking seriously about pursuing a career in music performance. We are strongly committed to helping you to develop the skills, confidence and musical maturity needed to gain a place at a conservatoire or first-class university, whilst making sure you acquire the advanced knowledge and understanding necessary to achieve a high grade in the A Level Music qualification.
You will receive:
- Excellent teaching from an experienced team of A Level teachers
- Weekly individual tuition on two instruments (including piano) from a team of high-powered visiting teachers, including preparation for the Dip. ABRSM on your first instrument/voice
- Weekly chamber music coaching
- Many opportunities to play and sing in college ensembles, and as a soloist in recitals
- Master classes and workshops given by professional performers
- Regular trips to a range of live music events
If you would like to find out more, do come to theSaturday Open Morning on 10th October 2009 from 10.30am. Here you will meet staff and students and be able to look around the college and discuss the course in detail.
Specific entry requirements
In addition to the main College application form, you will need a special application form which should be submitted by mid-January. You will be asked to attend for an audition when you will be required to perform on two instruments or voice and instrument, one of which should be at Grade 7/8 standard.
A2 Music (HSMC)