AVA Level 5 Award in Investigative claimant interviewing (QCF)
This course has been designed around the P.E.A.C.E. model of investigative interviewing. The model is based around Cognitive interviewing and communication management and will include interviewing as part of civil and criminal investigations. The model and its techniques have been used by police constabularies and other organisations globally for many years due to its high level of success.
Suitable for: PinS Qualified for CPD or any existing investigators looking to upskill.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
- Understand the P.E.A.C.E. model, why it is effective and how to put it into practice.
- Identify professionally with the witness and pitch verbal communication at an appropriate level.
- Carry out interviews that that are flexible in their approach and probe deeply for information.
- Identify weaknesses in testimony and conflicting evidence.
- Feel confident about clarifying, challenging and verifying witness accounts.
- Understand how to read non-verbal language.
- Understand and apply statement verification analysis techniques.
- Remain objective throughout the interview process so that you can effectively seek to identify the truth.