In Eccles, Salford
Price on request
- Vocational qualification
- Eccles, salford
What you'll learn on the course
This course adopts a practical approach to dance technique, physiology, history, performance and choreography, with the emphasis on applying choreographic principles to performance.
Students will have the opportunity to take part in productions and shows.
What will I study?
· Understanding dance. You will learn how the dancer prepares to be a professional performer through technical training and performance skills. The course is physically demanding and encourages you to develop your performance ability. You will learn how to choreograph, gain practical and theoretical knowledge of choreographic devices and structures. You will become familiar with dance companies and renowned choreographers and their work. Theatre visits, professional workshops and visiting artists are part of this course.
· Choreography and performance practical. You will create and perform two dance works: one solo composition and one duet or trio.
· Appreciation content and context. You will choose an area to study from ballet, modern contemporary or jazz dance. You will research the history, development and current trends including current companies and artists.
· Group choreography and solo performance. You will choreograph (not perform) a group piece. In practical class you will experiment with choreography. You will create a solo linked to your chosen area.
How is the course assessed?
You will be assessed through a combination of performance and choreography, written paper, coursework and exams.
What enrichment will there be?
· Visit to London.
· The Royal Exchange Theatre.
· Lowry Theatre.
What could I do next?
This course can lead to further study in drama, theatre studies or music.
This course is useful for a career in teaching or working in the performance professions.