If this is the first time you hear about ERP, then you need to know that it stands for Enterprise Resource Planning. It’s about a planning system in which it’s possible to automate several business needs, for example, the ones associated with operative or productive aspects of a company. This is why a software architecture needs to be set up in order to integrate the information for the company.
Every single company can benefit from a ERP System, from worldwide to smallest ones, the most important thing is to know what ERP is the correct one and this depends on factors such as: company’s size, the industry it moves in, its resources and the process it follows, etc. Currently, ERP systems have become irreplaceable when it comes to elaborate and manage business strategies. So, if you want to learn more about these systems, keep reading!
There are multiple benefits you can get from merging your business with an ERP:
- Improving the managing & collaboration capacity. Since it has all the information in a common database, the employees, departments and teams work simultaneously and better. This leads to getting a better ROI in the long term, because when productivity increases it’s easier to get the return of investment faster.
- Easier access to data. The system allows that the information is uploaded exactly as it is and in real time.The ERP acts as a central deposit of information in which each department gets all the data they need 24/7, making the information updated.
- It avoids duplicated information. Related to what was mentioned a couple of bullets before, since the information is integrated and updated there is no space for duplicated information, since everyone can access to it in real time!
- Kicks the decision making. CEOs and managers can access to this information and this will let them improving the decision making process, because they count with the needed information with just one sight.
- Increases security. Database is centralized, it means: easier to control the content rather than have it all splitted in different systems in different servers.
- Get better relationships with clients. ERP makes it possible to answer faster to clients.
And the most frequently used are…
- SAP. This system has the most number of functions. It’s good but it also means you need more time to learn them all. You can learn about it with some of the Emagister’s courses.
- Oracle. It used to be a small software for databases but it started growing and developing more. It’s Sap’s direct competior.
- NetSuite. This one is directed to small/medium companies, since it’s designed to adapt to the growing businesses needs. This ERP integrates inventories, incomes, orders and others.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP. This is a system regarding financial accountability in the SMEs. It’s growing more adding new and better functions.
- Epicor. This one directs to medium and big companies in industries such as manufacturing, distribution, sales and services. It comes with an integrated package with different characteristics and functions.
It is important for you to know that there is no perfect ERP for your company, but you can choose the one that suits better according to your needs.
If you want to learn more about this, you can look for our formative offer regarding this topic.
If you have any doubt, contact us and we will be glad to help you!