This course focuses on the essential skills that professional chefs employ in a working kitchen.
Suitable for: Experienced amateur cooks or catering professionals
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Our popular Chef Skills course focuses on the essential skills that professional chefs employ in a working kitchen. Experienced amateur cooks or catering professionals will benefit from this course, learning some of the advanced techniques you would find in top restaurants.
Working with the freshest ingredients, such as hand-dived scallops, line caught mackerel and sea bass, Dartmoor lamb, organic herbs and vegetables.Skills you will learn
- Restaurant style reduced and emulsion sauces
- Pastry Desserts including ice creams
- Fish preparation including filleting, pin-boning and skinning
- Basic butchery
- Pan Fried Baby Squid with Chorizo and Dressed Leaves
- Poached Fillet of Organic Trout with Cucumber, Clams and Basil Hollandaise
- Lemon Grass and Lime Leaf Panna Cotta with Raspberries and Fruit Coulis
- Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut Tart, Orange Segments and Cinnamon Ice Cream